Enjoy watching your kids put on their own under the sea theme puppet show after making these cute paper bag mermaid puppets! Use the free printable mermaid template, gather up a few supplies and follow along with the step-by-step tutorial!
If you’re into mermaids as much as we are, be sure to check out these Seashell Mermaid Wands.
Let’s get crafting!
*By the way, this post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchase through that link. For more information, click here.*
Easy Diy Paper Bag Mermaid Puppet & Free Template
Puppet play is a great way to stimulate a child’s imagination, emotional development, improves those fine motor skills and boosts self-confidence in speaking in front of a crowd.
Stand back in awe as your child learns and grows by making their own mermaid puppet!
Here are the few supplies you’ll need to gather before getting started.
- Paper Bags
- Card Stock Paper
- Free Printable Mermaid Template (found at the bottom of the page)
1. Start by tracing the mermaid’s tail from the template onto your favorite color of cardstock or construction paper. Then cut it out.
2. Next, glue a square of paper to match the tail color. Trim off any excess from the paper bag puppet.
3. After that, color the seashells purple or orange (or whatever your favorite color is). And then glue them on your mermaid paper bag puppet.
4. Next, cut out and trace the hair on your desired color of card stock paper. Then, glue them on the top of your paper bag.
5. After that, cut out her eyes and glue them on as well.
6. We decided to color her nose and glue that on, but you can cut and trace it on pink card stock paper as well.
7. With a black marker, add her smile and her scales.
8. Finally, cut the star from the mermaid template and trace it on card stock paper. Then glue it to her hair.
To print your paper bag mermaid template, turn the printer on, click on the link below then click print.
More Cute Mermaid Crafts: