It is the most magical time of year. The kids are out of school, the weather is getting cooler, and the joyful season is upon us. There is no better way to build fabulous memories with your children than to sit around the table and craft together.
Today, I am sharing a tutorial of how to create a Christmas Popsicle Stick Angel Ornament. She will make a lovely Christmas decoration to be hung on the tree or make her go along with your next Sunday school lesson.
Follow along with the directions and have fun! Happy Holidays!
*Oh, and just a heads up, this post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchase through that link. For more information, click here.*
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- Mini Popsicle Sticks
- Foam Sheets
- Wood Glue
- Assorted Paint
- Crafting Twine or Ribbon
- For this angel, you will need 3 large Popsicle sticks and 4 mini Popsicle sticks.
- With your scissors, cut off the tip of each large stick then glue one of them on the middle of the other two and paint them white or whatever color you’d like her dress to be.
- While you have the white paint out, go ahead and paint the two mini sticks. Be sure to leave a small unpainted section for her little hands.
- Next, use a different color paint for her tiny shoes.
- Then, with your foam sheets, cut a circle out of for her head and a small, curved sliver for her halo.
- The wings gave us a little trouble, so I have created a printable template you can use. Once printed, cut out and trace on to your foam sheets. Then you will have perfectly shaped wings for your Christmas Popsicle stick angel.
- Then, glue the wings to the back of your beautiful angel.
- Now glue her head and arms in place and twine or ribbon so she is able to sit nicely on the tree.
When you decide to make this gorgeous Christmas Popsicle stick angel ornament, be sure to share your masterpiece on our Facebook Page. My daughter and I love seeing our creations come to life! ?