KEEPING HER DRY WITH THE BEST BANDANNA BIBS
Do you have a drooler? I know I do! With any baby, messiness is their strong suit. Bibs can be extremely helpful to save you time, changes and mounds of laundry!
*By the way, this post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchase through that link. For more information, click here.*
WHY DO NEWBORNS NEED A BIB?
Though infants aren’t at the stage of eating solid foods, they can be super messy eaters! It is surprising how someone so small can make such a mess!
Breast milk for one, can be very messy for a newborn and mom. Leakage is a real thing, y’all! Bottle fed babies can make a huge mess too!
Newborns also drool and spit-up excessively, which can dampen and soil their outfits (which is SO NOT comfortable!) Buying a bib for your newborn can save you tons of money in terms of buying new clothes and don’t forget the constant water/energy your washing machine is going through. That poor thing.
I know what you are about to ask…
WHEN DO YOU START USING BIBS AND AT WHAT AGE?
You can start ‘bibbing’ your baby as early as two weeks. As a disclaimer, I do not encourage letting her sleep with it on though. Choking hazard and all.
Many babies around 4-5 months start to drool excessively when their teeth start coming in. This dampens their outfit and makes for one uncomfortable baby!
Buying a good, quality bib for your little one early on will save you and your baby a lot of heart ache in the coming future.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST BIB FOR YOU CHILD
There are several factors to consider when searching for the best bib for your new comer. First thing to consider, is it safe? Questions to ask yourself:
- Are they tough to pull off by your baby?
- Do they have a snap closure?
- Can they be adjusted as she grows?
- Will the button closure cause an allergic reaction?
- Will it crumple up and pose a chocking hazard?
You will also want to consider:
- What material the bib made of.
- Is it water resistant or will the mess seep through to her clothes?
- Are they machine washable? We all know that nobody has the time to hand-wash things with kids.
- Is the bib absorbent?
- Is it a good bang for your buck? I have done a lot of research and there’s some pretty pricey bibs out there believe it or not!
- Last but not least, are they cute? Babies wanna feel fabulous too!
THE SEARCH IS OVER
With two little girls with EXTRA sensitive skin, I have to be super cautious on what I put on their bodies. Bibs included. I did my research as you are doing now. It took me a good while to find a truly great bib that met all of my ‘Mom Criteria.’
Introducing BooBoo Jr Baby Girl Bandanna Bibs…
I am in LOVE with these bandanna bibs and let me tell you why your little one needs them too.
BOOBOO JR BANDANNA BIBS ARE GENTLE ON THE SKIN
Again, my girls both have sensitive skin. I can’t tell you how much cream we go through because I picked the wrong soap, diaper, you name it. It came at such a relief when I came across these.
The front of the bib contains 100% Hypoallergenic Cotton. Which means that it is:
- UBER SOFT!
- Very thick so it absorbs the fountain of drool and whatever food doesn’t make it into her mouth.
The back (that is closest to their skin) is made up of High-Quality Polyester Fleece. Which means that it is:
- Also SUPER SOFT!
- Extremely gentle on your baby’s delicate neck and chin
- Keeps your baby’s outfit dry all day long!
NO MORE BABY DROOL RASH!
SAFE, SECURE AND ADJUSTABLE
- The BooBoo Jr Bandanna Bibs have double snaps which makes it hard for baby to pull it off, but easy enough for mom to for a quick change.
- The snaps are Nickle-free and prevent Nickle allergic reactions, much like my daughter’s have.
- THEY ADJUST! So not only can my baby wear them, but so can my 4 year old when she’s eating a messier food, like say ice cream.
- These bibs are carefully made with just the right amount of material, so I don’t have to worry about it going over her chin and into her mouth.
- I also can’t forget to mention that they are MACHINE WASHABLE! WOOHOO!
SUPER ADORABLE DESIGNS
BooBoo Jr offers 8 different beautifully designed patters. My favorite is the ice cream one! The set also comes with a cute headband so your baby can be stylin’ at any time!
I can’t tell you enough how much I am in love with these bibs.
Currently BooBoo Jr only carries these in baby girl styles (sorry boys). But the word on the street is that they will start carrying boys soon. I will definitely keep you lovely mommies up to date when they do!
You need to buy them NOW and say goodbye to the constant washing, fussiness and say hello to a fabulously dressed, DRY baby girl!
If your new little one hasn’t yet made it into the world, make sure you get these on your baby registry! You will thank me when you open your shower gift! PROMISE!
Simple Mom Project