HOT CHOCOLATE MUG POPSICLE STICK ORNAMENT
Hot Cocoa is one of our favorite treats when the weather gets cooler! Making it an ornament just makes sense. You can add it to your Christmas tree collection or wrap up and give it as a gift.
Make your kids their own cup of hot chocolate (don’t forget one for you too) and start crafting! This ornament is super easy and kids of all ages can enjoy!
So let’s jump right in!
*Oh and just a heads up, this post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchase through that link. For more information, click here.*
- Medium Popsicle Sticks
- Foam Sheets (construction paper works well too)
- Wood Glue
- Light Blue Paint or Assorted Pack (better bang for your buck)
- Christmas Embellishments (optional)
- Crafting Twine
- Lay 8-10 large or medium Popsicle Sticks in an even vertical row. Like fence posts.
- Glue a one stick to the back to keep the base of your cup in place.
- Paint the top of your hot chocolate cup brown in a semi-circle shape.
- Paint the base of your cup whatever color your heart desires.
- Cut out the handle with your white foam sheets and paint it the same color as your cup.
- Then glue the handle to your cup.
- (optional) Add some small cut out circles for marshmallows and a snowflake sticker in the middle to give it that extra cozy touch.
Looking for more DIY Ornaments? Be sure to check out this fun post for a list of 20+ EASY CHRISTMAS POPSICLE STICK ORNAMENT IDEAS
We decided to gift these, but if you’d like hang these on the tree, glue a ribbon or twine to the back for a nice homemade look to your Christmas tree.
When you decide to make this fun hot cocoa Popsicle stick ornament, be sure to share your masterpiece on our Facebook Page. We love seeing your creations come to life! And by we, I mean my 4-yr-old and I. ?