Hot Cocoa is one of our favorite treats when the weather gets cooler! Spending time in doors can be challenging. However, when you are building precious memories with your kids and making fun and inexpensive crafts, it can be great!
Make your kids their own cup of hot chocolate (don’t forget one for you too) and start crafting! This ornament is super easy and kids of all ages can enjoy including your preschooler or toddler!
So let’s jump right in!
Easy Hot Chocolate Mug Popsicle Stick Ornament Craft For Kids
*Oh and just a heads up, this post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchase through that link. For more information, click here.*
Easy Hot Chocolate Mug Popsicle Stick Craft For Kids
Before you get started, be sure to gather up all of the supplies first. These are the ones that we used for all of our popsicle stick crafts and they are great to keep around the house for future fun crafts.
Hot Cocoa Mug Craft Supplies:
- Medium Popsicle Sticks
- Foam Sheets (construction paper works well too)
- Wood Glue
- Light Blue Paint or Assorted Pack (better bang for your buck)
- Lay 8-10 large or medium Popsicle Sticks in an even vertical row. Like fence posts.
- Glue on one stick to the back to keep the base of your cup in place.
- Paint the top of your hot chocolate cup brown in a semi-circle shape.
- Paint the base of your cup whatever color your heart desires.
- Cut out the handle with your white foam sheets and paint it the same color as your cup.
- Then glue the handle to your cup.
- (optional) Add some small cut out circles for marshmallows and a snowflake sticker in the middle to give it that extra cozy touch.
You can give these as fun little gifts or put a magnet on the back to display on the refrigerator.
When you decide to make this fun hot cocoa Popsicle stick craft, be sure to share your masterpiece on our Facebook Page. We love seeing your creations come to life!