There’s something about the sugar skulls that I just love! Perhaps it’s the colors or the design, but I think they are beautiful.
I also could not believe how easy this was to make and make the perfect DIY Halloween or Day of the Dead decoration.
Grab your supplies and follow the simple instructions to make this gorgeous popsicle stick sugar skull!
*By the way, this post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchase through any link. For more information, click here.*
Supplies to Make The Sugar Skull Craft:
*Love this fun Halloween craft? Check out this post for 20+ Easy to Make Halloween Popsicle Stick Crafts!*
Easy DiY Sugar Skull Popsicle Stick Craft
Sugar Skull Instructions:
1. Gather five large popsicle sticks and evenly lay them out in a vertical row.
2. Then glue one small popsicle stick diagonally across the back. Be sure that the small stick is touching at least a small portion of each large stick.
3. Once dry, flip it over and paint the entire group of popsicle sticks white. I would encourage doing a few coats since the wood tends to show through.
4. After that, trace on the skull frame with pencil and paint it black.
5. Then, glue on googly eyes.
6. For the nose, we flipped our sugar skull popsicle stick craft over and drew a heart just under his eyes and then painted the heart orange.
7. Decorate around the eyes however you wish. You can really go crazy with colors and your design. We decided to stay simple.
More Fun Halloween Popsicle Stick Crafts: