The weather is getting cooler and visions of sugar plums start to emerge, handmade Christmas ornaments are a spectacular way to keep your kids busy while YOU are getting everything ready for the magical day!
Today I am going to share with you one of my favorite crafts, Santa Suit Popsicle Stick Christmas Ornaments.
So, while sleigh bells ring and the snow falls, get your little elves ready to start crafting!
*Oh, and just a heads up, this post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchase through that link. For more information, click here.*
- Medium Popsicle Sticks
- Foam Sheets (construction paper works well too)
- Wood Glue
- Red Paint or Assorted Pack (better bang for your buck)
- Crafting Twine or Ribbon
- Gather 11 medium Popsicle sticks.
- Lay out 10 in a vertical row and glue the 11th one horizontally to the back.
- Allow it a few minutes to dry and paint the front of your Santa suit red.
- While the red paint is drying, cut out a 2″ thick sheet of black foam for his belt, a yellow rectangle and a white oblong triangle.
- For your yellow rectangle, you will cut out the center making a small rectangular hole.
- By now, the red paint should be dried and you can start piecing this together. Start with the white triangle, then the black strip, then the yellow belt buckle.
- This is where you can get creative. We decided to add some texture to our Santa belly and painted two googly eyes black for his buttons and added some glitter to make him pop.
For his buttons, you can also simply cut out small circles out of your foam sheets or simply paint the buttons on with black paint. Either way, I know it will look fantastic!
Looking for more DIY Ornaments? Be sure to check out this fun post for a list of 20+ EASY CHRISTMAS POPSICLE STICK ORNAMENT IDEAS
When you decide to make this DIY ornament, be sure to share your masterpiece on our Facebook Page. We love seeing your creations come to life! And by we, I mean my 4-yr-old and I. ?
Whether you are gifting these, decorating the house or hanging them on the tree, this Santa Suit Popsicle Stick craft will surely get you and your kids on the holiday spirit!