DIY Christmas crafts are a wonderful activity to bring the family together sharing memories of the past year. It also keeps those anxious kiddos busy while you prepare for the upcoming holiday.
In today’s tutorial, we will be going over how to make a DIY Santa Claus Popsicle Stick Ornament. He will make a lovely addition to your homemade ornament collection or share as gifts for your loved ones.
So let’s jump right in…
*Oh, and just a heads up, this post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchase through that link. For more information, click here.*
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- Wood glue
- Assorted Paint Pack
- Paint Brushes
- Foam Sheets (construction paper works well too)
- Crafting Twine
- Pom Pom Balls
- You will only need one jumbo Popsicle Stick for your Santa, but you might want to pull out two or three because I am certain you will want to make more! He is SO CUTE!
- With your red paint, start about an inch down from the top of your Popsicle stick and paint all the way to the bottom. Then set aside to let it dry.
- Then, cut out a long triangle out of your white and red foam sheets. Now, grab your Santa Popsicle stick.
- The red paint should be good and dry. These acrylic paints dry EXTRA fast! Paint a black centimeter strip horizontally in the middle for his belt and paint a two inch section on the bottom for his boots.
- Give the black a few minutes to dry while you gather two teeny tiny pompom balls. One yellow for his belt and one pink for his nose.
- The black should be dry by now, carefully paint Santa’s eyes and glue on your pompom balls.
- Add one last white pompom for the tip of his hat and hot glue a 4″ piece of crafting twine to the back.
Looking for more DIY Ornaments? Be sure to check out this fun post for a list of 20+ EASY CHRISTMAS POPSICLE STICK ORNAMENT IDEAS
Doesn’t he look great! Now, share your Santa Claus Popsicle Stick Ornament proudly on the tree or wrap it up and gift him!
When you decide to make this fun Santa Claus Popsicle Stick Ornament, be sure to share your masterpiece on our Facebook Page. We love seeing your creations come to life! And by we, I mean my 4-yr-old and I. ?