Christmas time is full of fun shopping and wonderful meals. Sometimes we need a little break from the crazy. What better way than to sit down and do Christmas crafts with your kids? In today’s tutorial, I will be sharing step-by-step instructions on how to make a DIY Christmas ornament.
Follow along to make a super cute and fun, Popsicle Stick Snowman Ornament.
*Oh, and just a heads up, this post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchase through that link. For more information, click here.*
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- Wood glue
- Assorted Paint Pack
- Paint Brushes
- Foam Sheets (construction paper works well too)
- Crafting Twine
- Gather up a total of 6 jumbo Popsicle sticks.
- Line up 5 sticks in an even vertical row and glue on your 6th stick across the upper portion of your soon to be snowman. To give him character, glue it in a diagonal.
- Then paint the bottom portion of your snowman white and the top black.
- Grab two large googly eyes and glue them into place.
- After that, cut out a long triangle with your orange foam for his nose and a 1 centimeter strip for his hat.
- Glue both of these on.
- For his mouth, we painted smaller googly eyes black and glued those on. As an alternative, you can paint this on or cut out small circles with your foam sheets.
- Top if off with a little Christmas embellishment for his hat and hot glue on a 4″ piece of crafting twine.
Looking for more DIY Ornaments? Be sure to check out this fun post for a list of 20+ EASY CHRISTMAS POPSICLE STICK ORNAMENT IDEAS
When you decide to make this fun Popsicle Stick Snowman Ornament, be sure to share your masterpiece on our Facebook Page. We love seeing your creations come to life! And by we, I mean my 4-yr-old and I. ?