The weather outside might be frightful, but the inside doesn’t have to be. Bring the beauty of winter home with this super cute and extra easy tutorial on how to make a Popsicle Snowflake Ornament.
Bundle up next to the fire with your littles, gather your supplies and get to crafting!
*Oh, and just a heads up, this post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchase through that link. For more information, click here.*
- Gather up 12 Popsicle sticks and paint them white.
- After the paint has dried glue 6 of them together in the shape of a hexagon, but bring the sticks closer to the middle so that there’s about an inch poking out of each size. Use the photo below for a guide.
The photo below does does not have the sticks painted first, but while I made this I found it was MUCH easier if they are already painted and then glued.
- Next, with your other six Popsicle sticks, glue them together in the shape of an asterisk sign like the photo below. To get the alignment right, I recommend measuring them out on top of your previously glued hexagon so that the points align in the middle.
- After you have finished with your asterisk, glue it on to your hexagon shape. See the snowflake forming?
- I kept this one very simple, but you can add some glitter or any other embellishments you’d like
- Finally, hot glue some twine to the back and display it proudly!
Looking for more DIY Ornaments? Be sure to check out this fun post for a list of 20+ EASY CHRISTMAS POPSICLE STICK ORNAMENT IDEAS
When you are finished with your Popsicle Snowflake Ornament, be sure to share your masterpiece on our Facebook Page. We love seeing your creations come to life! And by we, I mean my 4-yr-old and I. ?