Gather your kids, and enjoy this holiday season with a little crafting. Make your very own Nutcracker Popsicle Stick ornament in 7-SUPER easy steps with this tutorial.
*Oh, and just a heads up, this post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchase through that link. For more information, click here.*
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- Mini Popsicle Sticks
- Wood glue
- Assorted Paint Pack
- Paint Brushes
- Foam Sheets (construction paper works well too)
- Crafting Twine
- Gather one jumbo Popsicle stick and two mini sticks. You will also need a small piece of a large stick to secure the back.
- Align your nutcracker’s arms (mini sticks) evenly about one inch from the top of your jumbo Popsicle stick
- Once you’ve got them exactly where you want them, then glue the small piece of Popsicle stick horizontally. Allow a little time to dry.
- With your black foam sheet, measure out a two inch rectangle. As you already guessed, this will be for his hat. We added an extra layer of felt to give our nutcracker Popsicle stick ornament a little texture
- Glue the hat half an inch from the top of your jumbo Popsicle stick.
- Then, get your red, yellow and blue paint out. Paint his uniform. You can do blue pants and a red shirt or vice versa.
- Now that your nutcracker Popsicle stick ornament is painted and looking fabulous, cut yourself a 4″ piece of twine, loop it and hot glue it to the back.
Looking for more DIY Ornaments? Be sure to check out this fun post for a list of 20+ EASY CHRISTMAS POPSICLE STICK ORNAMENT IDEAS
When you are finished with your Nutcracker Popsicle Stick Ornament, be sure to share your masterpiece on our Facebook Page. We love seeing your creations come to life! And by we, I mean my 4-yr-old and I. ?
ENJOY THIS POST? SHARE IT ON PINTEREST!